Swarnaprashana benefits are numerable when followed every month. Acharya has explained the method to carry out the Swarnaprashana. Children should be facing towards the east direction, the bhasma is mixed with the herbs, ghee, honey and then administrated in the form of Lehana (licking).
Swarnaprashana is mentioned as a samskara according to ancient ayurvedic literature. Acharya Kashyapa has explained about Suvarna prashana and its benefits in Kashyapa Samhitha, Sutrasthana 18th chapter, 4-5 shlokas.
सुवर्णप्राशनं हि एतत् मेधाग्नि बल वर्धनम् ।
आयुष्यं मंगलं पुण्यं वृष्यं ग्रहापहम् ॥
मासात् परम मेधावी व्याधिभिर्न च दृश्यते ।
षड्भि मासै: श्रुतधर सुवर्ण प्राशनात् भवेत् ॥
(काश्यप संहिता, सूत्रस्थानम् 18/4-5)
- Medha Agni Bala Vardhanam – Regular intake of Swarnaprashana helps in improvement of intellect, digestion, metabolism, immunity, and physical strength
- Ayushyam – Swarnaprashana helps in promoting lifespan
- Mangalam and Punyam – Auspicious and righteous for the body.
- Vrushyam – It is an aphrodisiac
- Varnyam – Swarnaprashana helps in enhancement of color and complexion
- Grahapaham – It is believed that regular consumption of Swarnaprashana protection from evil spirits and microorganisms.
- Helps to boost Immunity –Swarnaprashana helps to improve the immunity power, develops resistance against recurrent infections, prevents children from falling ill very often. It can be considered as the natural immune booster in kids.
- Ayurvedic Immunization –Swarnaprashana is a potent immunization that helps to build body (optimum height and weight), increases physical strength and improves stamina for the body.
- Improves Strength –Swarnaprashana medicine help to strengthen muscles and bones for kids. Healthy body protects from any disease.
- Enhances Intellect – Swarnaprashana on a regular usage promotes child’s intellect, grasping power, sharpness, analysis power, enhance memory in kids.
- Helps in maintaining digestion –Suvarnaprashana boosts child’s appetite. It further kindles digestive fire, refines the digestion in kids, and keeps healthy. Regular administration also keeps the child away from any sort of digestive disorders.
- Delayed Milestones – Swarnaprashana helps to nurture early developmental milestones. They may include delayed speech, difficulty in walking etc.
- Protects from diseases – Swarnaprashana if given regularly, progresses defence mechanism in kids which acts as a safety shield against different diseases and complaints occurring due to seasonal variations and other prevailing infections. The medicine also supports the body to recover from illnesses.
- Influences Behavioural Patterns – Suvarnaprashana is a good medicine that help to reduces anxiety, aggressiveness, irritability and attention seeking behaviour.