Headaches are one among the most common health issue that most people experience at some time of their lives. The disease occurs regardless of age, race, and gender. WHO reports, almost half of all adult’s experience headaches in any year.
A headache symbolizes a sign of stress or emotional distress. It can happen as a result of any underlying medical condition such as migraine, high blood pressure, anxiety or depression. People with prolonged migraine headaches get affected with their regular activities.
There are different types of headaches, and the causes and symptoms can vary from person to person. Although most of the symptoms are short-lived, identifying the exact cause can treat the headache.
These headaches are a stand-alone illness which is just caused due to overactivity or problems related to the head. This includes blood vessels, muscles, and nerves of the neck and head. The list of primary headaches includes migraines, cluster headaches, and tension headaches.
As headaches occur as a symptom of any serious disorder, it is important to identify the exact underlying cause and treat accordingly. If a headache is more powerful and fails to resolve even after medicine intake medical advice should be taken.
The common symptoms associated with headaches include,
• Pain felt in the eyes when looking into bright lights (photophobia)
• Tenderness of the scalp
• Tightness sensation in the head
• Blurred vision
• Loss of appetite
• Vegetables: Green leafy vegetables- Spinach, Moringa, Tomatoes, Pumpkin, Carrot, beans
• Grains: Whole grains, such as barley, bran flakes, oatmeal, and brown rice
• Fruits bananas and pomegranate,
• Spices: Coriander, Ginger, Garlic, Pepper, Methi seeds
• Nuts: Almonds, cashews, raisins, walnuts, Flax seeds, Pistachios
• Regular intake of ghee in the diet