Ayurvedic Treatment for Fatigue
Fatigue is a term that is used to describe tiredness to the body and mind or lack of energy. It cannot be considered as same as a condition a person feels low, sleepy or drowsy. This is a condition where there is no motivation to do any work due to lack of energy.
Fatigue is an associated complaint with most of the diseases. The condition can also occur due to some lifestyle changes, lack of exercise or poor diet.
On a general note, fatigue can be resolved through proper diet and rest. But if it is associated with any major health condition then it requires medical care.
What are the Causes of Fatigue?
Poor diet regimen
This is a major cause that leads to fatigue.
- Not eating a nutritious diet
- Less intake of water
- Drinking alcohol on a regular basis
- Consuming too much caffeine
- Skipping the diet or not having food in regular timings
- Physical exertion
- Lack of physical activity
- lack or disturbed sleep
- Being overweight or obese
- Emotional stress
- Any mental trauma or grief
- Regular intake of sedatives or sleeping pills. Continuously taking certain medications, such as antidepressants.
Physical Health Conditions
Many medical conditions can also cause fatigue. Examples include:
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Infections, such as cold and flu
- Hypothyroidism, or underactive thyroid
- Hyperthyroidism, or overactive thyroid
- Eating disorders, such as anorexia
- Autoimmune disorders
- Congestive heart failure
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Mental Health Issues
Types of Fatigue
There are 2 types of fatigue:
- Physical fatigue: An individual finds it hard to do any normal activity. Muscle weakness is an associated complaint.
- Mental fatigue: Mental tiredness happens when a person finds it difficult to concentrate on any task. The person feels sleepy all the time or will feel difficulty in staying awake while doing any work.
What are the Symptomps of Fatigue
The main symptom of fatigue includes exhaustion with physical or mental activity. The person does not feel refreshed even after sleeping sufficiently or resting. It may be hard to carry out daily activities including work, household chores, and caring for others.
Common signs and symptoms associated with fatigue can include:
- Body aches.
- Aching or sore muscles
- Apathy and lack of motivation
- Difficulty in concentrating on any tasks
- Gastrointestinal problems such as bloating, abdominal pain, constipation, and diarrhea
- Irritability and moodiness
- Vision problems, such as blurriness
The symptoms get worse after exertion. They sustain for some hours after the activity, or exercise.
Fatigue Diet Plan
- Eat well suited beans, nuts, seeds as they are a good source of protein, healthy fat, fiber and antioxidants.
- Eat lots of fruit and vegetables to supply sufficient vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- Eat omega-3 fatty acids-containing foods such as mackerels, sardines, tuna, flaxseed, hempseed, walnuts. Omega-3 fatty acids have excellent anti-inflammatory properties and contribute to pain relief.
- Eat adequate protein intakes
- Taking extra supplements whenever possible
- Drink plenty of water, and keep hydrated well. Water helps to flush toxins out of the system which cause toxins
Eat whole grains, like wheat, rice, barley , oats and so on.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Fatigue
Ayurvedic Medicine for Fatigue
Home Remedies for Fatigue
- Daily consumption of Amla Juice
Take 2-3 Amla fruits. Clean it and crush it to get fresh juice. This juice can be taken in the empty stomach in the morning. Honey can be added to enhance the taste. Alternatively, gooseberries can be directly chewed and taken.
Indian gooseberries are rich sources of Calcium, Iron, B vitamins, and proteins. All these are best sources that help to reduce fatigue. They are also natural analgesics that help to relieve pain associated with weak muscles.
- Banana Fruit
Include banana in daily diet. Bananas are the best source of instant energy to the body and are the best remedies for fighting against weakness. They are rich sources of potassium, which helps to better the aches and pains in the body. They also contain, sucrose and glucose which gives the instant energy required for the body.
- Warm Milk
Consume 2 glasses of milk.
Milk is the most important source of proteins. They contribute to improve general health which resolves fatigue.
Soak 8-10 almonds overnight. Take this next day.
Almond is a rich source of magnesium and vitamin E; this is much beneficial in bettering weakness. They help in the conversion of carbohydrates and proteins from food to energy instantly. This also helps to better aches and muscle weakness.
- Healthy and Balanced Diet
Including a healthy and balanced diet is very important for treating tiredness. The diet should include proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, and minerals.
Sufficient intake all these in the diet is very important in treating weakness. Minerals like iron, calcium, potassium, and magnesium helps in maintaining the optimum strength and functions of the body. Vitamins also helps in absorbing the required nutrition for the body.